We invite poster submissions to the 12th IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces, March 18-19, 2017, Los Angeles, California.
Posters provide an informal but interactive forum for authors to present their work during a poster session and in a short “fast-forward” presentation session to all attendees. Posters describe work-in-progress, novel ideas, novel systems, or the latest applications. Interactive demos alongside posters are welcome. Poster authors retain permission for future publication in other venues.
Poster submissions should be within the scope of 3D user interfaces. Topics include (but are not limited to):
- 3D input devices
- 3D display and sensory feedback (all five senses)
- 3D interaction techniques
- 3D user interface metaphors
- Mobile 3DUIs
- Hybrid 3DUIs
- Non-fatiguing 3DUIs
- Desktop 3DUIs
- 3DUIs for VR and AR
- Evaluation methods for 3DUIs
- Human perception of 3D interaction
- Collaborative 3D interaction
- Software technologies to support 3DUIs
- Empirical studies of 3DUIs
- Sensor technologies for 3DUIs
- Applications of 3DUIs: Games, entertainment, CAD, education, etc.
Poster submissions must be in English. Note that at least one author of each accepted poster will be required to attend the conference. If no author is registered by the early bird registration deadline, the accepted poster may be withdrawn from the proceedings and digital libraries. Poster drafts and final posters should be portrait format with a maximum size given by the A0 standard (841 x 1189 mm; or 33.1 x 46.8 in). Poster boards will be provided at the conference.
Poster Submission Dates:
- Posters Abstract Due – December 20, 2016 (midnight PST)
- Author Notification – January 8, 2017
- Final Camera-Ready Abstracts - January 15, 2017 (midnight PST)
Authors must submit a two-page abstract in the 3DUI format (http://3dui.org/formatting). Supplemental material like videos may also be submitted. These will be taken into account during the review process and may be included in the final publication. Accepted abstracts will appear in the proceedings. Posters must be submitted via http://precisionconference.com/~vr
NEW Late-Breaking Poster Category:
Attention! 3DUI is introducing a second posters category: Late-breaking posters may be submitted one month before the conference, but they will *not* appear in proceedings, nor in digital libraries.
- Late-Breaking Poster Draft Due – February 18, 2017 (midnight PST)
- Late-Breaking Author Notification – February 25, 2017
Authors must submit a draft of the actual poster, in PDF format, for expedited review to determine relevance and suitability for 3DUI. No abstract is required; late-breaking posters will *not* appear in proceedings, nor in digital libraries. Late-breaking posters provide authors a way to present their latest work in the regular poster session, but without abstract publication. Late-breaking poster drafts must be submitted via http://precisionconference.com/~vr
IEEE 3DUI 2017 Poster Chairs
Christoph W. Borst, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA
Gerd Bruder, University of Central Florida, USA
Daisuke Iwai, Osaka University, Japan